Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Week as a Stay at Home Mom (aka Spring Break)

Day 1 (Saturday): It snowed. It snowed all day, so we just stayed at home and played.

Day 2: Dan and I had a productive day ripping out some old shelving in the garage to make room for the 17 (okay, just 4) strollers. Eventually it will also be a good place to store the girls bikes. Then we had to figure out what to do with all the crap that had been cluttering those shelves, and only had nap time to work. Busy, busy day.

Day 3: Anna spent the day with her grandma while I took Mia to the allergist. I felt kind of like a wack-o parent when the doctor was questioning me about her egg allergy - he asked how she reacts when she eats something baked with eggs to which I replied "she's never had anything like that" and he said, "she's never had a muffin, cookie, cake, anything? Poor girl. You didn't even let her have birthday cake?" Ummm, we found out about her allergy before her birthday, why the hell would I give her a cake which would then send her to the emergency room?? He then took us into another room and he put on a Little People cartoon, to which I said, "she doesn't watch tv," and he said "Oh, does she play with toys?" Needless to say, I didn't like the guy and we won't be going there again. We were there for two hours, she got 4 pricks in her back (which turned bright red and developed hives) and then she got a shot. Not a fun day for her, but then we also went grocery shopping and out to lunch (and she learned how to drink from a straw today!). It was a short glimpse into what life must be like with one baby-seriously, how easy could it be with only one kid!

Day 4: Another fun day, I got to take both girls to the pediatrician for their one-year-old immunizations. 3 shots for Anna, 2 for Mia. Then we went to Buy Buy Baby and bought them a few new things. Yesterday Mia learned to drink from a straw, today Anna learned how to spit food out - and with her new skill she will not eat anything!

Day 5: Anna spent the day with her dad, he took her to the bookstore and bought her Polar Bear, Polar Bear which was really cute because he remembered her favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear. I took Mia shopping with my friend Jen and her baby Ariana. I took Mia because she is usually the more patient of the two, but not this day...she did not want to sit in her stroller for a second! Oh well, new spring and summer clothes for the twins!

Day 6: Our play date for the day got cancelled so I took the opportunity to drop the girls off with grandma, and I went to the mall to do a little shopping for myself. In the hour that I was there I saw 7 sets of twins, and then felt guilty and lonely so I left empty-handed and went to pick them up. Later in the day I attempted to do our taxes. I wasn't very successful, gotta get them done soon though!

Day 7: I took Anna to the library for the "laptots" storytime (I only took Anna as I was feeling a little guilty that I had taken Mia out twice this week alone). We met our new twin friends Natalie and Noah (born two days after Anna & Mia) there and had a great time singing songs and playing with some other babies. Anna was strangely very quiet and reserved, I guess she is a little more cautious when she doesn't have her sister with her.

Day 8: Today I took the twins to a birthday party without Dan (which I normally do not like to do because of a bad experience taking the twins alone to a party when they were much younger). Everything went fine and the girls had a great time chasing two little dogs around.

Day 9: The plan is grocery, laundry, cleaning - all the usual Sunday stuff to do, and then back to work on Monday.

It was a pretty good week.






No comments:

Post a Comment