Wow, it's been so long since I've gotten to this that I forgot my password to sign in. Anyway, summer has kept us very, very busy. We started with a really nice family vacation to Florida (though the plane ride was AWFUL). Since then we have been trying to fill our days with picnics, trips to parks and, of course, swimming pools. The girls have hated the water so far, so we are tyring to get them more comfortable with it, and take every opportunity to get them in a pool. It's getting a little better, they don't scream anymore, but they also don't enjoy it at all. We've been to the library a few times, a couple of kids concerts and the botanic gardens. We still have to hit some of the children's museums, the race track, arboretum and probably the zoo before summer comes to an end. I have to admit that it's more fun to do things with the girls this summer, though I do miss my little 5 month olds that were just happy to be cuddled with last year. While the girls nap I busy myself with crossing things off the never-ending To Do list...I have two years worth of deep cleaning and organizing to catch up on (pregnant 2 summers ago and last year the babies were, well babies). I have to give a lot of credit to all the stay at home mom's of twins - it is exhausting keeping up with all the housework and keeping up with and entertaining the kids.
I have a ton of pictures from all our summer adventures, but honestly I'm too tired to put them on here. So I leave you with a video of what happens when toddlers turn bad, and their mother is mean enough to videotape instead of comfort them - this went on 45 minutes (the crying, not the videotaping) despite all my attempts to stop it!
No comments:
Post a Comment