Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's new at our house...

Not too much, we're counting down the days until summer vacation (sorry boss:)).
The twins have been walking a little over a month now, and it's like they've been walking their whole lives, Anna is even attempting to run. With their new found skill, they HATE being tied up in anything like a stroller or shopping cart, which makes it very difficult to run any sort of errand. We have officially become a family who walks out of Target with two crying babies, and everyone turns and looks at us (fortunately for us the majority of the population finds twins fascinating and intriguing so even when they are screaming, people smile and say "look, twins." Hmmm, one screaming baby=annoying, two screaming babies=cute??).
So that leads us to what's new:
~Both girls have learned to throw all sorts of tantrums - the throw your head back, arch your back, scream at the top of your lungs tantrum, the sit down where you are and scream at the top of your lungs tantrum, the throw yourself in the middle of the floor and scream at the top of your lungs tantrum and so on. Stay tuned for video.
~Anna has learned that biting Mia in the face is a very effective way of getting her out of her space.
~Anna has also developed separation anxiety, I can't even leave the room without her crying.
~Both girls have become very attached to their sippy cups, kind of annoying because anytime they see them they go into one of those above mentioned tantrums.
~They have figured out how to open the lid on the garbage can, Anna finds it fun to take things out and drop them on the floor, Mia finds it fun to get herself a snack - ick!
~If you ask either of the girls for a hug and a kiss, they will give it to you which is adorable.
~The twins are showing their understanding of the world more and more everyday, they are little people now, not just little babies. If we put their coats on, they walk to the door. If we ask if they want to eat, they go to their high chairs. If we say night-night, they crawl up the stairs. We love that they actually understand us.
~I have learned that there are certain kinds of places that I can't or shouldn't take the babies to by myself for safety and sanity reasons (anything with open spaces, where the babies can't be "confined" to one room or so), but at least I tried. I recently went to a work event with over 1,500 people, and if it were not for help form work friends, I for sure would have lost a baby. I also took them to one of those indoor inflatable play places - they were constantly going in different directions, Mia even went into the employees only area once (okay, maybe twice) while I was chasing after Anna. Perhaps it's time to invest in those leashes they make for kids:)

No comments:

Post a Comment